COVID-19: A message from the Dowsing & Reynolds team
Things are a little uncertain right now so we wanted to update you on how we are running our business.
Please be reassured that during this time, following the Government advice (section 4), our online fulfilment continues. We work with DPD and they are doing a great job in ensuring we are still able to post to all countries we could previously.
Any orders you have placed up until now, or are hoping to place in the coming days and weeks, will be fulfilled as usual.
How we are looking after our team
First of all, we immediately closed our physical retail store in Leeds. We then quickly moved to follow the advice set out by the British Government and Public Health England in relation to COVID-19, sending all staff home that we could and then implementing changes to our online operations.
We have a relatively small team, which means we could change fast – they responded incredibly well to make all the changes we needed to make to ensure that we are following guidance from Government to stay open, but protect those who are still working on-site.
These procedures are in place at D&R:
- We sent all staff that could possibly work from home to do so
- For those on-site, we changed the team rotas – extending the working day out later into the evenings and into weekends – this is to reduce the number of people in the building right down to the absolute bare minimum, meaning the team can very easily stay apart.
- Every member of the team has a minimum of at least 2m clean space to work in with no sharing of equipment
- Regular hand washing and sanitising of all surfaces, including handles
- No delivery drivers entering the building. On-site is strictly closed to anyone but the reduced rota’d team.
How your queries will be answered
The majority of our customer service team are working from home. We are ensuring that everyone has the tools to be able to continue to do their job as they would in the office. Our phone line, email inbox and social media channels are being monitored as normal, it’s just our location (and possibly work attire!) that’s changed.
Please continue to contact us as usual on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 8199985.
How can you return items?
We appreciate that making a return isn’t as easy as it normally is right now, so we have extended our returns policy to 60 days.
Our reduced on-site team will endeavour to process these as quickly as we can.
Thank you so much for your support
We want to say thank you to both our team and to our customers for your ongoing support, we really appreciate it.
If you’ve bought one of our products, we love seeing your shares on Instagram and other social channels using #DowsingandReynolds, it’s the little things like this that put a smile on our faces.
We will, of course, keep you updated should anything change but for now, look after yourselves and each other and please continue to support your local independent businesses.
James, Ally, Tony & the whole D&R team