Black single dimmer switch
- Details & Specification
- Delivery & Returns
STYLING NOTES: Get the ambience of your room just right by fitting a dimmer switch. Design details matter and a beautiful dimmer is worthy of remark on its own. Have a look below for styling ideas…
Once upon a time, black switches didn’t exist, can you imagine that? It’s certainly not a time we’d like to go back to. Our black dimmer switch has really broken the mould - a modern-day design classic. It’s incredibly versatile too, in fact, you could say it’s a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde character; happy to slink off into the background looking all cool and understated in a dark coloured room, and equally at home being a show-off against a paler coloured wall – think soft pink or an all-white room. If you’re still sitting on the pale/dark fence, then have a look at our fantastic capsule paint collection, which might just help you find your colour tribe.
It’s the simplicity of the shapes and textures of this switch that we love too. Its matt finish is silky-smooth to the touch and combined with its beautiful curved edges, it makes it incredibly tactile. And then we have the knob. Aaah, the knob. It’s also got a silky-smooth finish, but only on the front. Cleverley, the edges have a beautiful knurled detailing to make turning your light on an off an absolute doddle. We’re all about the details.
If you love this single dimmer switch, check out the matching double dimmer switch and our other coordinating black light switches and plug sockets. And check out our guide light switches explained to find out the difference between 1, 2 & 3 gang plus when to use 1 way, 2 way and intermediate switches.
Carry on Reading...
This product is only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you're outside of the UK and are unsure, check the list of eligible countries below.
Designer dimmer switch single black
- steel switch plate
- plastic back & components
- brass dimmer knobs
- Dimensions: H89mm x L89mm
- Pack size: sold individually
- Included: dimmer module with plate and dimmer knob, screws
- Product information:
- requires minimum 35mm depth available within the backbox
- standard dimmer module is leading-edge with 60-400W load, 200-240V 50Hz. 2-way switch
- LED dimmer module has auto-detect function for either leading edge or trailing edge with 5-150W load, 230-240V 50Hz. 2-way switch
- Smart dimmer module is 1-way smart dimmer with 10-250W load, 220-240V 50Hz
- concealed fixings
- our dimmer switches cannot be used in conjunction with each other. We recommend using one dimmer switch per circuit
- these dimmer switches are not for use with circuits that include transformers or drivers
- our dimmer switches have a soft start function that slowly brings the lights to the set level in about 1-2 seconds, prolonging the life of your bulbs
- the finish on this switch is off-white, not brilliant white
- Usage: indoor use only
- This product complies with UK standards and EU CE mark requirements
- Origins: designed in the UK, components sourced from our partners in China
- Our LED dimmers have been tested with most leading brands of LED bulbs
- Our smart dimmers are compatible with Apple HomeKit, Philips Hue Bridge, Amazon Alexa*, Google Home Hub*. *Some Amazon Alexa and Google Home Hub devices may need an additional hub, for example the Philips Hue
Bridge. Check online for full instructions and compatibility.
Postage & delivery
We aim to post your order out same day if placed before 1 pm Monday to Friday, otherwise, it’ll be the next working day.*
We have three levels of postage:*
Economy – £3.99 3-5 working days
Next Day – £6.99 Next working day
Saturday – £7.99 Saturday delivery
*Except on bulky items, wallpaper and made to order products which can have slightly longer lead times. Where this applies to a product, it will show the specific information in bold under the ‘Add to Basket’ button on the individual product’s page.
Find out about deliveries outside the UK. Please note that our electrical products including switches, sockets and light fittings are only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you’re unsure, check with an electrician.
We offer a straight-forward returns policy.
If you’re not 100% happy with your order send it back within 60 days for a refund.
The item must be unused and in its original, undamaged packing.
Read our full returns & refunds policy.
Custom and bespoke orders are not eligible to return for a refund.
If your item is faulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it, or send out a replacement.