BLACK single dimmer switch
STYLING NOTES: Get the ambience of your room just right by fitting a dimmer switch. Design details matter and a beautiful dimmer is worthy of remark on its own. Have a look below for styling ideas…
Show us Yours...
Once upon a time, black switches didn’t exist, can you imagine that? It’s certainly not a time we’d like to go back to. Our black single dimmer switch has really broken the mould – a modern-day design classic. It’s incredibly versatile too, in fact, you could say it’s a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde character; happy to slink off into the background looking all cool and understated in a dark coloured room, and equally at home being a show-off against a paler coloured wall – think soft pink or an all-white room. If you’re still sitting on the pale/dark fence, then have a look at our fantastic capsule paint collection, which might just help you find your colour tribe.
It’s the simplicity of the shapes and textures of this switch that we love too. Its matt finish is silky-smooth to the touch and combined with its beautiful curved edges, it makes it incredibly tactile. And then we have the knob. Aaah, the knob. It’s also got a silky-smooth finish, but only on the front. Cleverley, the edges have a beautiful knurled detailing to make turning your light on an off an absolute doddle. We’re all about the details.
If you love this single dimmer switch, check out the matching double dimmer switch and our other coordinating black light switches and plug sockets. And check out our guide light switches explained to find out the difference between 1, 2 & 3 gang plus when to use 1 way, 2 way and intermediate switches.
This product is only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you're outside of the UK and are unsure, check the list of eligible countries below.
Designer dimmer switch single black
- steel switch plate
- plastic back & components
- brass dimmer knobs
- Dimensions: H89mm x L89mm
- Pack size: sold individually
- Included: dimmer module with plate and dimmer knob, screws
- Product information:
- requires minimum 35mm depth available within the back box
- standard dimmer module (DR 500) is leading edge with 60-400W load
- LED dimmer module (DR 501) has auto detect function for either leading edge or trailing edge with 4-150W load
- 2-way switch
- 230-250v 50Hz 10AX
- concealed fixings
- Usage: indoor use only
- This product complies with UK standards and EU CE mark requirements
- Origins: designed in the UK, components sourced from China
- For best results, we recommend that you use our own LED bulbs with our dimmer switches. Our bulbs have been manufactured and tested specifically to be dimmable with our switches and we can guarantee compatibility. Whilst we have tested selected bulbs from other leading manufacturers (Phillips, Osram and Megaman) we cannot guarantee that all will work – this is due to differing technologies used within the bulbs
Delivery & Returns
Postage & delivery
We aim to post your order out same day if placed before 1 pm Monday to Friday, otherwise, it’ll be the next working day.*
We have four levels of postage:*
Standard Royal Mail 48
FREE in the UK 3-5 working days
Royal Mail 1st Class Tracked
£2.49 1-3 working days
DPD Express Delivery
£5.99 1 working day
In-store delivery (Leeds City Centre)
FREE next-day (collect after 2.30 pm)
*Except where products are made to order. Such products are clearly marked that they have a 3-5 working day lead time.
For deliveries outside of the UK click here. Please note that our electrical products including switches, sockets and light fittings are only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you’re unsure, check with an electrician.
We offer a straight-forward returns policy.
If you’re not 100% happy with your order send it back within 14 days for a refund.
The item must be unused and in it’s original, undamaged packing.
Read our full returns & refunds policy.
Custom and bespoke orders are not eligible to return for a refund .
If your item is faulty, please email email@example.com and we will fix it, or send out a replacement.