GOLD single dimmer switch
The fabulous design team here at D&R HQ have brought the classic gold dimmer switch right up to date, and what a fantastic job they’ve done too! If you shudder at the thought of the brassy switches your parents had, then have no fear, there’s not one bit of this stunning switch that’s reminiscent of those hideous things. This one is sheer class.
There’s no denying that gold shouts opulence, but we like to think that our gold single dimmer switch does it with a little more subtlety. For starters, the gold finish on the brass plate has a low-sheen brushed effect which quietly oozes sophistication, and the smooth curved edges help to elevate it to another level – contemporary design at its very best.
And then there’s the knob. A knurled knob no less. Knurling gives it the intricate detailing around the edges – go on, have a zoom in on the pictures and see the beauty for yourself. It’s not all about good looks though, knurling serves a purpose too! It gives the knob a really grippy feel, making it incredibly easy to control. We really do live by our ‘design details that matter’ motto.
So where to put this gorgeous dimmer switch? Well, with four different coloured knobs to choose from it would quite happily do the job of dimming your lights to perfection in pretty much any type of interior, from light and airy Scandi-style right through to eclectic boho, vintage chic and everything in between. In a nutshell, it’s time to completely banish all boring white plastic switches as this is your new go-to light switch.
If you love this dimmer switch, check out the matching double dimmer and our other coordinating gold light switches and plug sockets. And if you need a little help understanding the difference between 1, 2 & 3 gang and when to use 1 way, 2 way and intermediate switches, then have a read of our light switches explained guide and all will become clear.
This product is only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you're outside of the UK and are unsure, check the list of eligible countries below.
Gold single dimmer switch
- steel switch plate
- plastic back & components
- brass dimmer knobs
- Dimensions: H89mm x L89mm
- Pack size: sold individually
- Included: dimmer module with plate and dimmer knob, screws
- Product information:
- requires minimum 35mm depth available within the back box
- standard dimmer module (DR 500) is leading edge with 60-400W load
- LED dimmer module (DR 501) has auto detect function for either leading edge or trailing edge with 4-150W load
- 2-way switch
- 230-250v 50Hz 10AX
- concealed fixings
- Usage: indoor use only
- This product complies with UK standards and EU CE mark requirements
- Origins: designed in the UK, components sourced from China
- For best results, we recommend that you use our own LED bulbs with our dimmer switches. Our bulbs have been manufactured and tested specifically to be dimmable with our switches and we can guarantee compatibility. Whilst we have tested selected bulbs from other leading manufacturers (Phillips, Osram and Megaman) we cannot guarantee that all will work – this is due to differing technologies used within the bulbs
Delivery & Returns
Postage & delivery
We aim to post your order out same day if placed before 1 pm Monday to Friday, otherwise, it’ll be the next working day.*
We have three levels of postage:*
Standard Royal Mail 48
FREE in the UK 3-5 working days
Royal Mail 1st Class Tracked
£2.49 1-3 working days
DPD Express Delivery
£5.99 1 working day
*Except where products are made to order. Such products are clearly marked that they have a 3-5 working day lead time.
For deliveries outside of the UK click here. Please note that our electrical products including switches, sockets and light fittings are only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you’re unsure, check with an electrician.
We offer a straight-forward returns policy.
If you’re not 100% happy with your order send it back within 14 days for a refund.
The item must be unused and in it’s original, undamaged packing.
Read our full returns & refunds policy.
Custom and bespoke orders are not eligible to return for a refund .
If your item is faulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it, or send out a replacement.