This deliciously decadent, almost-black paint has a brown undertone that gives it a beautifully warm feel. Paint a room in this stunning colour, sink down into a comfy sofa and let the entire room envelop you, just like a great big hug.
We commissioned this gorgeous paint for our bricks and mortar shop in the stunning Victoria Quarter in Leeds. We wanted a deep, decadent black that truly reflected our brand, and one which would make our customers feel instantly welcome. Everyone loved it so much that we decided to make it available for you to buy. You see, it works brilliantly in homes too, helping to create havens of tranquillity.
Either dip your toe in the dark side by painting just one wall, or go the whole hog and paint an entire room, including the woodwork. Throw the rule book away and even paint the ceiling for the ultimate statement.
The beauty of this colour is its versatility – you can take it down so many design routes. First up; modern-luxe. Team it with some of our polished brass metals – handles, knobs and switches and sockets. We’ve also got the most divine selection of metal pendants and chandeliers which look amazing against this colour. Add in some rich fabrics like velvet and silk for the ultimate in luxury.
Mud Wrestling’s rich brown hues also lend themselves to a more earthy palette too. Think leather, like our Magni large or small leather handles, tarnished copper or smoked gold switches and sockets and raw oak shelves. Layer up this look with more textures like rattan, cork, linen and wool.
We’ve worked in collaboration with Leeds’ finest paint company, Vintro, to bring you this capsule paint collection which we think you’ll love. For some expert tips on getting a perfect paint finish then check out our Paint Like a Pro blog.
Mud Wrestling paint
- Finishes: available in supreme matt emulsion or eggshell
- Sizes: supreme matt emulsion available in 2.5L and 100ml sample pot, eggshell available in 2.5L
- supreme matt emulsion is suitable for indoor walls and ceilings
- eggshell is suitable for all interior walls, woodwork and metalwork (including radiators and pipes) and furniture. Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms. Dries to a smooth, low sheen (15% gloss level) finish
- 1 litre of supreme matt emulsion paint will cover approx 15m2 and 1 litre of eggshell will cover approx 13m2. This depends on the properties of the surface, the colour being used and method of application. We recommend preparing surfaces with our primer to give a more even finish and better depth of colour to your final coat. To work out how much paint you need to complete your project, click on the Paint Calculator tab below.
- Product information:
- non-drip and easy to apply
- our paint is a low VOC, non-toxic, non-hazardous, eco-friendly product made from locally sourced materials in an ecologically responsible way. Thanks to its composition it is virtually innocuous for people and the environment. Our paints fall into the industry’s lowest possible eco-rating, so you don't need to worry about respiratory issues or smell as the products are virtually odourless. It is EN71-3 Certified, also known as "toy paint regulation safe", meaning it is completely safe for children's rooms
- not all monitors display colours the same, therefore, we recommend that you order a sample pot to make sure this is the right colour for you
- when you've chosen your colour, it's best to order it all in one go as colours can vary slightly from batch to batch
- Origins: made in Yorkshire by Vintro
Delivery & Returns
Postage & delivery
We aim to post your order out same day if placed before 1 pm Monday to Friday, otherwise, it’ll be the next working day.*
We have three levels of postage:*
Standard Royal Mail 48
FREE in the UK 3-5 working days
Royal Mail 1st Class Tracked
£2.49 1-3 working days
DPD Express Delivery
£5.99 1 working day
*Except where products are made to order. Such products are clearly marked that they have a 3-5 working day lead time.
For deliveries outside of the UK click here. Please note that our electrical products including switches, sockets and light fittings are only suitable for countries where the mains supply is between 220 and 240 volts. If you’re unsure, check with an electrician.
We offer a straight-forward returns policy.
If you’re not 100% happy with your order send it back within 60 days for a refund.
The item must be unused and in it’s original, undamaged packing.
Read our full returns & refunds policy.
Custom and bespoke orders are not eligible to return for a refund .
If your item is faulty, please email email@example.com and we will fix it, or send out a replacement.